Adjika today has become an international seasoning served with meat, fish dishes, soups and pasta in almost every family. There are a lot of ways to prepare this spicy and fragrant sauce . With what kind of vegetables and fruits do not cook adjika. But the basis is still hot pepper and garlic, sometimes horseradish.
Today we will offer you seasoning recipes with various ingredients, but all this will be adjika without horseradish for the winter. The sharpness and piquancy of the sauce will amaze you the first time. And besides, cooking it is easy.
Adjika without horseradish
To prepare 3-4 jars of delicious burning adjika without horseradish, you need to stock up:
- ripe tomatoes - 1 kg;
- sweet bell pepper (red) - 0.5 kg;
- garlic and hot pepper (pods) - 150 g each;
- 9% table vinegar - ½ cup;
- coarse rock salt - ½ cup.
This adjika for the winter is sharp without the addition of horseradish. They serve it with meat, fish or simply as an addition to any side dish.
- We carefully wash the vegetables. Peppers remove the stalk. Bell peppers are cleaned from seeds and partitions. Work with hot pepper carefully, it is best to wear rubber gloves.
- In hot pepper seeds are not removed. Thanks to them adjika gets a special taste. At the tomatoes we cut out the place where the stalk was attached. We cut the vegetables and put them in separate cups.
- We prepare a blender and grind both types of peppers first. Pour them into a large container.
- Then we grind the red tomatoes and garlic, beat until the mass becomes homogeneous.
- Pour tomato and garlic mashed potatoes into peppers. It remains to add salt and vinegar. Mix the mass thoroughly so that all the components are combined. Leave for half an hour until the salt is completely dissolved and laid out in banks.
Tasty adjika without horseradish is ready. Storage location - refrigerator.
Important! The sauce is not cooked.
According to this recipe, adjika without horseradish in taste is not much different from horseradish . In addition, the sauce is also useful, since vinegar is not used in its preparation. And the sharpness is given by a large number of chili peppers. But it’s very tasty.
To prepare spicy adjika without horseradish you will need:
- ripe tomatoes - 3 kg;
- chili pepper (pods) - 0.4 kg;
- sweet bell pepper - 1 kg;
- garlic - 2 large heads;
- rock salt - 6 tablespoons.
Comment! When harvesting vegetables for winter storage, never use iodized salt, as it softens them, makes them unusable.
How to cook
Preparing adjika-horseradish for the winter without horseradish is very simple:
- We carefully wash the vegetables, remove the stalk and the place of its attachment from the fleshy tomatoes. We clear peppers from seeds and internal partitions. At a sharp chili pepper, we cut off only the stalk, and leave the seeds. They will give adjika spiciness and piquancy. We clear garlic from the top scales and we remove a transparent film. When cleaning chili peppers, wear rubber gloves, otherwise hand burns cannot be avoided.
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces, put them in a blender and grind until mashed. If there is no blender, you can use a meat grinder, putting the smallest grate.
You will get a liquid homogeneous mass. Add salt, let stand for 40 minutes and transfer to dry, sterile jars. Sharp adjika for the winter is ready. The main thing is that horseradish was not needed. You can store the seasoning in the winter in the basement or in the refrigerator.
Option Three - with apples
To prepare the sauce for the winter according to the following recipe, horseradish root is also not required. In addition, adjika is not too sharp. It is not necessary to season the various dishes with heat treatment, all vegetables and apples remain raw.
So, for the preparation of adjika without horseradish for the winter, we stock up:
- red meaty tomatoes - 3 kg 500 g;
- sweet bell peppers, sweet and sour apples and carrots, one kilogram each;
- vegetable oil - 150 g;
- garlic - 6 cloves;
- onion - 3 heads;
- aspirin - 3 tablets.
- We wash vegetables and apples under running water, dry on a towel.
- Peel the apples, cut the core with seeds. We clean and rinse garlic, onions, carrots. We remove seeds and partitions from sweet peppers. To peel the tomatoes, dip them in boiling water for one minute, then transfer them to cold - the skin is removed without any problems.
- To grind the ingredients, you can use any device you have - a meat grinder, a food processor or a blender. The main thing is to get a homogeneous mass, similar in consistency to mashed potatoes. Grind the garlic separately, using a press.
- We spread the chopped vegetables in a cup, salt, add garlic and aspirin.
Adjika without horseradish is ready for the winter. It remains to lay out in clean banks and put in the refrigerator.
Option Four - with herbs
For this spicy adjika without horseradish you need to stock up on various herbs and spices. They will give the sauce an amazing aroma and taste. And the sharpness is due to hot chili peppers.
The list of ingredients is long, but it’s easy to get them. Today, such seasonings for adjika without horseradish for the winter can be bought at any store.
What do we need:
- 0.5 kg hot chili peppers;
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- a bunch of fresh cilantro;
- on a tablespoon of basil, thyme, savory and zira;
- a teaspoon of sesame;
- 2 tablespoons of coriander;
- 1 tablespoon of rock salt.
So, let's start cooking adjika:
- First, wash the pepper and cilantro greens in cold water, dry on a napkin.
- We clean hot peppers only with gloves. They need to cut the stem and remove the seeds. Some housewives leave them in 1-2 peppers. They believe that from the presence of a small amount of seeds the taste becomes more expressive, the aroma of the finished adjika intensifies. Even horseradish is not needed in this case. Remove the peel and film from the cloves of garlic.
- We grind prepared ingredients (greens too) on any device convenient for you. Whatever you use, remember that mashed potatoes should not be obtained.
- We spread sesame, coriander, zira in a dry frying pan and lightly heat until a delicate aroma appears. When the spices have cooled, pour in the salt and gently rub them in a mortar.
- In a cup with crushed ingredients, add a mixture of mortar and other dried spices, mix everything until smooth.
You can eat this adjika right away. But understanding people are advised not to rush. In a few days, the seasoning will absorb all the aromas, it will become much sharper and tastier.
Such adjika is kept for meat and fish dishes (it is especially good for barbecue!) Only in the refrigerator.
There are a lot of recipes for adjika for the winter. Each of them is unique in its own way.
In the video, another version of spicy sauce without horseradish:
As a rule, housewives cook several types of adjika for the winter, because even in one family the tastes do not always coincide. We hope that our recipes will also interest you. Good luck with your preparations for the winter and bon appetit!